Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone know where I can find the Bulgaria Waiting Children List that I keep hearing about? There are some pages on the MOJ website I am unable to open, maybe it is there. My agency doesn't seem to know what I am talking about, but I keep reading posts in which people mention it. We are wanting to adopt a 7 year old healthy child and I am hoping there is a child that age who is only on the list due to his/her older age. Thank you in advance.
there are plenty of older healthy kids available. Ask your agency again. Their counterpart Bulgarian agency should have a list of kids. There are 2 main NGO's over there that I'm aware of. We found our kids on a list our agency had of kids available. Though the kids we found were on the MOJ list I believe too. It's complicated w/ Bulgaria as many want to keep things hush-hush and I still do NOT understand why. Good luck to you. Be patient. Bulgaria is notoriously slow. We had travel dates for April 13th but now ours will be re-issued. Long story. There are many older children available for sure. You should not have a problem and the wait should not be too long.
Advertisements
Can anyone tell me what sort of special needs or health issues make a child on the list? I know Downs, Hep B, HIV, but does club feet, cleft palette, missing or ill formed limb make the list?
We are not looking for a "special needs" child which will require lifelong extra care like Downs, but we will be happy to help a child with club feet or treatable illness. I know a bit about Hep B- would you consider this a treatable illness? Stats I read were fairly positive, and I am considering this as an option, but not sure if it safe to bring a child with certain problems/diseases into our home which already has 3 young children.
Thank you in advance!
Shelley
Shelley,
Yes Hep B and club feet are both considered sn. Most agencies have a list of what the special needs are. Some are things we wouldn't consider sn at all. If you want to see a specific list PM me your mail address and I will send the one I have to you.
Kat
Your agency ought to have it. I got it through my agency. Not for nothing, but if your agency doesn't have it or can't get it then perhaps switching agencies would be in order?? You really have to be working with someone who is able to give you good, current, accurate and complete info.
I've seen a lot of different special needs on the list. CP, missing or malformed limbs, visual or hearing impairments... mental or emotional impairments of a severe level could make the list too.
Urghhh. I have contacted my agency at least three times and they have no idea what I am talking about. Pages on the internet make mention of the waiting children list all the time, including countless agency sites. Apparently my agency is the only one that has no clue about it.
Advertisements
In case anyone stumbles across this old thread (as I did over a year ago) with these same questions:
1. The Bulgarian Waiting Child List can be found at (enter address without the spaces) http : // www . justice . government . bg / 31
Install the Google Translate toolbar. Afterwards on the right side of the page you will see "active profiles of children". A Microsoft excel document will download. In order to read it I copy and paste into Google Translate. List appears to be updated around the 1st of every month with the most recent updates at the bottom
2. Bulgaria (as of this writing) considers the following conditions Special Needs: (this is exactly what the paperwork says word for word, sometimes I don't know what the condition means) Born before 36 gestation week, Respiratory distress syndrome, Lactose intolerance, Birth weight under 2 kg, Umbilical hernia, Imperforate anus, Itercus/jaundice, Multiple congenital anomalies, cleft palate, Cleft lip one side, Cleft lip bilaterally, Cleft lip and palate, Cryptorchism, Hernia, Small nevuses, Large nevuses, Small burn scars, Large burn scars, Scars on face from delivery, Scars on body from delivery, Mongolian Spot, Red congenital angioma, Raised angioma, One eye blind, One eye missing, Glaucoma, Correctable with surgery, Strabismus, Total Blindness, Nystagmus, Partial blindness/operation could help, Possible vision problems, Correctable by Glasses, Ear infections, Deaf and dumb, Ear atresia without hearing lost, Ear deformity/hearing lost, Ear deformity/hearing not lost, Deafness without dumbness, Partial deafness, Speech retardation, Speeh difficulties, Dyslexia, Mental Reatardation-Moderate, Mental Retardation-Grave, General slight retardation, Epileptic seizures, Total retardation, Grave Motor Retardation, Psyhologial and Physical retardation, Difficulties in learning, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Fetal Alcohol effect, Heart murmur, Heart diseases and anomalies, Possible open heart operation, Atrial septum defect, Ventricular septum defect, Hepatitis B positive, Hepatitis C positive, HIV positive, Parasites, TBC positives, VDRL positives/treated after delivery, Data for physical abuse, Data for sexual abuse, Autism-mild, Autism-moderate, Autism-grave, Behavior problems, Controlled seizures, Transient seizures with unknown cause, Hyperactivity, Neurological injuries, Controlled episodes-serious, Albinism, Crooked or curved, Hydrocephaly, Mirocephaly, Spina Bifida, Neurofibromatosis, Cerebral paralysis-slight, Cerebral paralysis-moderate, Cerebral paralysis-grave, Myleomeningocele, Vertrebral column, Kidney malformation, Hermaphrodism, Status after surgical removal of adnexa, Retention of Testes, Cryptocrism, Hypospadia, Vaginal atresia, Dual genitalia, Other genital malformations, Disease of the gastro-intestinal tract, Mediterranean anemia, Anemia, Talasemia, Down Syndrome, Other blood diseases, Child born of incest, Child born of rape, Family History: no data, Family history: drugs use, Family History: Alcohol use, Family History: Psychiatric diseases, Family History: Crime records, Family History: HIV positive mother, Family History: Mental retardation, Paralysis-paraplegia, Congenital hip anomaly, Missing hand fingers, Missing foot fingers, Amputated hand up to wrist, Amputated arm up to shoulder, Amputated leg, Amputated Foot, Short height/achondroplasia, One arm shorter, One leg shorter, Rachitis, Equinovarus deformity, Hand deformity up to wrist, Arm deformity up to shoulder, Foot deformity, Deformation of hand fingers, Deformation of foot fingers, Webbed fingers, Webbed foot fingers, Undeveloped wrist, Walking difficulties/needs assistance crutches/slight hobble, Artrogriposis/persistant joint flexure/joint contraction, Osteogenesis imperfecta/bones fragility, Needs for corset, Needs for wheelchair, Multiple orthopedic problems, Necessary orthopedic surgery, Leg deformity, Asthma, Allergies, Bronchitis, Pulmonitis, Poor nourishment, Digestion problems.
This same list also has areas to indicate age range, gender of child(ren) and if potential adoptive parents are open to sibling group.