Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
ImpactingLives
I'm sorry you're going though this. I don't have any advice either. Abuse towards animals is also on our list of no's. I've had my cat since before I was married and before I had kids. So I totally understand how you feel. I would be devastated.
FWIW, not with foster kids, but with my bio kids, my DS had a birthday that wasn't one year. He was awful and mean and so we didn't have cake, he had to wait until the next day to open his presents, etc. I just couldn't spend the whole day being "all about you" when he had been so bad. I don't know that it's a bad thing. She did something horrible and hurtful. There should be consequences and they should be big, IMO.
My last thing I want to ask is if she's in therapy. If she's not, I hope 1st thing Monday you will start looking.
((((hugs))))
Thanks ladies. I'm faking it for all I'm worth. :arrow:
I'm just focusing on all the stuff that needs to get done right now. DH is having an easier time than I am and is taking point today. We talked a lot yesterday about what to do about the birthday stuff today. In the end the decision was that she wouldn't connect the loss of the party with what she did and would likely escalate her behavior even more. We have 2 more weeks....maybe it would be different if she was staying long term...I guess we need to make it as easy on everyone as possible.