Gift Ideas for New Adoptive Family
Hi All! My former foster placement of twins have been in their foster-to-adopt home for a year now and are going to be adopted soon! I am so excited. We have stayed in their lives, so it has been a WONDERFUL experience for us.

Anyways, we have been invited to the adoption ceremony and party and I need some adoption gift ideas. Not only for the family as a whole, but for the big brother and sister (early teens) and for the new soon-to-be-adopted little ones as well who are now 3 - boy and girl

One idea I had was a Cabbage Patch doll - do you think that would be appropriate for the little ones?
As a whole family I would think a gift card, with maybe an extra gift for the twins, cabbage patch kids....my boys had them. I like glo worms too as a small gift.
How exciting that your included.
Not sure what you are thinking of spending, but maybe a membership to a local zoo or museum or such? Something the whole family could do together.
DPline said...
Not sure what you are thinking of spending, but maybe a membership to a local zoo or museum or such? Something the whole family could do together.

THAT is a great idea! I think any family would love that.
I have family that want to give a special gift that fits a talent they have, like a quilt or a scrapbook. We have had many suggestions, but a piggy bank was one of the best ideas we have had. It encourages saving and the little kids LOVE to drop the coins into it. FS is jealous of DD's, and she just smiles because she knows that if we get to adopt she gets to pick one out for him. Target has AWESOME ones, with themes and holiday ones. I saw a cowboy one that was really cute the other day.

Otherwise, what about a project they can all do together, or the Family Membership like DP said. Those would be great ideas.

Have you asked the family what they would like?
I love the zoo idea....but also "Build a bear" is great as well. Fun for the kids and a great bonding activity.

Or one of those places where you decorate pottery and they put it in the kiln for you. Pick it up 2 weeks later.
AS: A-man, age 8.5 years.
Foster Son, special needs/medically fragile- 17 months. -TPR 3/15/ Adoption to be fall 2015.
Those are all really cute ideas! You may have already done it, since they have been with the family for a year now, but my favorite gift from our kid's former foster parents were picture books from the time they spent with the family. Shutterfly makes great ones.