Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm is SW WA. I just wanted to chime in here in regards to something a PP said. Mentioned there really is no such thing as a low legal risk placement, and I agree. I think that SW guesses based off their experience what they think will happen, but no one can predict the future. When we got our boys we were told they would be going to family and RU'd soon after that, and we will most likely (fingers crossed!) be adopting them. When we got the call for our FD, we were told she would be going to adoption quickly and they wanted her in her adoptive home. Well, she is going to be RU'd. So until a judge signs off on the papers, you just don't know what will happen.
I second the support groups. Network with local FP. Especially in the beginning. You will forget most of what you learned in Pride. It is such an emotional roller coaster - nothing can really prepare you for it. But talking with someone who has BTDT can keep you sane! Also it is nice to have support when things don't go right - like your first allegation!
Advertisements
Thought I'd post support group info again:
[url=http://www.fosteringtogether.org/content/region-3-support-groups]Region 3 Support Groups | Fostering Together[/url]
is NW WA support groups, "Region 3".
[url=http://www.fosteringtogether.org/content/region-4-support-groups]Region 4 Support Groups | Fostering Together[/url] = "Region 4" -- although I believe they have changed the regions... :-) Both of those may now be part of "Region 2". Whatever!
Those links have maps, which are pretty impressive!
Thanks for sharing the support group information! One meets a few blocks from my house
I'm glad that the WA state forum is becoming active
It seems like there are support groups everywhere except Pierce County. I am not sure how we would go about starting a support group in the Tacoma/Pierce County area but if anyone has suggestions as to how it could be done or where to start, let me know. Even if it's not a huge formal group I think just being able to get together to discuss the ups and downs of this whole process would be very beneficial. I don't think anybody understands what it's like to go through this process unless they have been through it themselves.
Advertisements
Hopeful2BeA_Mom
It seems like there are support groups everywhere except Pierce County. I am not sure how we would go about starting a support group in the Tacoma/Pierce County area but if anyone has suggestions as to how it could be done or where to start, let me know. Even if it's not a huge formal group I think just being able to get together to discuss the ups and downs of this whole process would be very beneficial. I don't think anybody understands what it's like to go through this process unless they have been through it themselves.
We're in Pierce County, and just finalized our DD's adoption, and are not on the roller coaster at the moment. But I would be happy to meet with anyone in the process, and offer support. Just let me know if you get a group together. :grouphug: