Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
False allegations are horrible. My 5 year old told someone I hit her (which I still believe she was led to say by someone at her school). The social worker picked both fds up at school, picked up a suitcase she asked me to pack and took them to respite for a week while the state investigated me.
I felt sick over it at first, but I knew I had done nothing wrong. In my mind, if the State wanted to close my home, that was their own fault for closing a good home that provides care for these kids.
But in the end it was completely unfounded.
I think the most danger would be in the beginning when a child doesn't really know you. Your husband would need to take extreme measures to never be alone with her.
Our oldest fd is now 9 and there are simple things that my husband does just to make sure things can't be twisted in any way (never walking around with a shirt off or just in boxers-which would be a normal thing if our foster daughters weren't here).
Making sure someone who is able to speak is always in the same room, and I mean always. Even a split second and a child could say they were touched.
I don't think false allegation fear should be only linked with teenagers, lots of kids make up crazy stuff at young ages.
But having a good track record, living with integrity in every way and taking precautions can help minimize the likelihood of it happening.