Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I have adopted six kids. At least three had documentation or diagnosis of prenatal drug use/alcohol use. Two were born addicted to cocaine.
ADHD are challenges for the two born with cocaine. ADD and spelling issues - decoding are the challenges for the Fetal alcohol diagnosed AD.
My oldest AS, 23 years old, with ADHD is studying to be a nurse. He almost has his AS - one class away. He works with Developmentally Disabled Men. He is as skinny/muscular as you can get. He is gifted in music. A little bit of an adeneline junky.
My oldest daughter with ADD is now 14 yrs old. She just received the top score in the Florida Writes Test. She loves to read. Her art has received honors and has been in art shows. She has been accepted into the magnet school for technology and art. She won an award for higher math.
My youngest daughter with ADHD, had withdrawal for three months after birth. She had failure to thrive. She had to have soy based formula. She had pneumonia before age one. She had lung issues until she was two -Nebulizor treatments. She was born with a stiff shoulder and wrist. Physical therapy took care of that.
She is 5 yrs old, smart and ready to read. She knows math and letters and words. She just needs to put it together. Here in Florida, we even test the preschoolers - she was at 100%. Ready for Kindergarten.
I believe God holds these children in a special place. They should not made it by scientific standards. But they HAVE!!! Do they have needs and require out of the box teaching? Yes. But well worth it. They have incredible gifts to share with the world!
I would do it all again:)