Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all, I've popped in and out of this forum a few times and haven't noticed anyone who is still waiting to be a mother for the first time. My husband and I started this process when I was 38 and here I am at 41 still waiting, having just been through the ringer with a failed adoption two weeks ago. I'm so discouraged!!!
No, you are hardly the only one here!
I am 42, single, never married, no kids, have a dog. Started thinking about adopting when I was around 35, started getting my financial life straight, took steps toward kicking my career up a few notches....things that would make life better, in other words.
Recently certified for foster/adopt. Got 1 call thus far, but they found family...hoping to have another call soon!
Advertisements
Hi There,
My husband and I are done with everything waiting for a referral. This would be our first child. He's 37 and I'm 41. I'm kind of scared that my age will delay our process, looking forward to finding some reassurance in this forum thread. Good luck! ww
At 41 and 48 we are expecting to adopt our first child together in May. You are definately not alone.
At 43/45, we're still waiting to adopt our 1st. Both of us work, and we've been doing some rearranging of furniture to move the computer room upstairs next to the nursery and a guest room in the room previously known as the computer room.
We've designated the nursery, but it just feels strange to do any setting up for a baby without knowing when they'll arrive. Right now, it's still a guest room. How is everyone else dealing with this?
Advertisements
We started this process at 38 and we are both 41 now. We are looking to adopt through foster care.
I started when I was 38 and will be 42 soon. I had two failed adoptions. In Jan I was matched w 2.5 yr old from foster care who is exactly who I want. But it was definitely the two failed attempts that directly led me to her. It didn't see her cominv but am so happy. Don't give up hope!
:flower:
Sending you a flower. Yes I am waiting to be a mother, it seems like forever but I know it will happen. You are not alone
How are the older waiting parents doing today?
I had a few reach outs for profiles to consider, but we have not had the right match yet. We are still working with our foster care system where I live. We finished homestudy update in June 2011 but had to put everything on hold in September 2011 until January 2012. So it really feels like we have only been waiting since Jan. 4. Not long and when I consider that we've had 8 profiles suggested it's going pretty fast.
Anyone matched or close?
Advertisements
Hi Miss.M.!
We are now at the three-year waiting mark and are in the midst of our third failed match. 42 years old and counting...
Good luck finding your match!
I am 33 and my husband 49....we cant wait to adopt :)
I think we will still be able to adopt a new born because of my age. He actually looks like 40 with energy of 20's :)
I dont think age will matter if we have a child destined to our families to be loved.
Good luck to all!
I am so sorry to hear that. I had two failed adoptions, and they felt as bad or worse as miscarriages.
I have adopted and given birth to one, but my path to parenthood was convoluted and filled with disappointment.
My dream all of my life has been to have a large family. I still want a few more kids.
I know the giant, decorated empty room feeling. It's sad.
Are you seeking to adopt a US infant from a young mother? What types of adoption are you open to?
I really hope and pray that by the end of the year you have a child.
Please let me know what you want, what age and from where. Perhaps we can brain storm together!
Hugs!
Denise
sewminky
Hi Miss.M.!
We are now at the three-year waiting mark and are in the midst of our third failed match. 42 years old and counting...
Good luck finding your match!
Hi sewminky,
I am going to add you to my list of positive energy thoughts for a speedy match.
Be strong. Bake, workout, sleep.
Advertisements
Hello ladies and gentlemen,
My husband and I are also over 40 years of age (44/47). We really feel like this is the best time for us to be doing this. We are in the process of having our homestudy updated and researching information about affordable agencies/attorney's. After having talked to others about matching, the adoption will take place, it just may take some time.
The homestudy process and the profile tend to make people worry about whatever their perceived weakness is. My friends adopted a little girl a year ago. It took one year. They were both over 40. It can go very fast. 8 week wait for us.