Advertisements
Advertisements
In your shoes, I would ask your attorney to show you the advertising he uses to recruit expectant mothers to his program. I wouldnt be surprised if heҒs dangling the expense carrot, consider placing your child with loving parents and give him/her the life youӒve imagined. Your worries about rent and groceries will be taken care of during your pregnancy. Or some variation of the theme.
IMO as a first mother, I think paying direct expenses in the quest to obtain a child makes the adoptive parentsԒ participants in a coercive practice and leaves hopeful adoptive parents open to scams by women not ever intending to place.
There are services available for expecting parents. I hope that agencies and attorneys are assisting their clients to get enrolled in those services. I can contemplate situations where the expectant mother may be on bed rest or in the hospital for long periods, in those rare cases, the agency or attorney should have a fund set up that everyone contributes to for these rare situations.
I wish you the best.