Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey All, I am new to the forum. First time posting anything! I am a mom of two bio sons and we are hoping to expand our family through adoption. I have been researching agencies for a year now. We are finally ready to start the process.
We live outside Asheville, NC and would like to adopt within our state or a neighboring state. Can anyone PM me with information about an agency. Good or bad.
We would like an open, domestic, gender specific adoption. I keep hitting road blocks with almost every agency I have tried. Any advice or information would be welcomed. Thank you
Advertisements
Did you ever find an agency? Do you like it? We live in Cherokee, NC and are looking for an agency with a great review. I have a friend from High School who is adopting and she raves about Gladney.
No we haven't found an agency yet. It's been a bit frustrating. We are now looking into the foster to adopt system. I have never heard of the agency your friends are going through. I will check them out. Thank you for the suggestion. We don't know too many folks that have adopted so it's been tough to get personal reviews. I hope all is going well with your adoption search. Keep me posted!
It is frustrating. We were wondering if there were any local adoption support groups around? Are you all looking for an infant? We had thought about Foster to adopt but they told us infants hardly ever get placed and that their main goal is to be able place the child infant back into the original home setting. I also found a adoption agency review website [url=http://www.adoptionagencyratings.com/]Adoption Agency Ratings[/url] There's also a listing of all adoption agencies in NC [url]http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dss/licensing/docs/cpalistadoption.pdf[/url]
The other thing we thought about doing was maybe going through a lawyer that specializes in adoption?
We've only really just started the process of gathering information. We don't know a lot of people who are adopting either.
At first we wanted an infant but now we are having a change of heart. Our biological sons are 2 and 4 yrs old. I wanted to keep the kids in birth order. So now we are thinking about a child up to 2.
We had the same concerns about foster to adopting. I am concerned that my boys (and I) will get attached to a child and it will be taken away. I've been talking to Grandfather Mountain Home for Children, an organization that runs a foster to adop program. They told me 50% of the kids go back to bio parents. It's a big risk! We are still looking into it. My husband is very interested in this route but I'm still worried about attachment issues.
Thanks for the websites. I've looked at a few of them. Are you all looking to start the process soon?
Advertisements
Please remember that all agency and attorney feedback must be given via private message.
Thanks!
Hi all,
My DH and I are looking to adopt domestically. We want a newborn or up to 3 months old. I suffer from infertility. My DH has 3 kids from a previous relationship. I want to experience the whole no sleep, bottles every two hours, stinky diapers routine. We are going with Independent Adoption Center. We went to a information session there and we liked what we heard and read. Has anyone dealt with them? Please PM me good or bad.
Hello,
My husband and I are in Marion N.C and beginning the foster to adopt process through Burke county social services. we are working backward we have made our interests known in a sibling group of a 1 and 4 year old and are beginning the application etc.Just wanted to wish you luck and say I am here if you need support to vent brag or other
Advertisements