Advertisements
Advertisements
I am adopting my sister's daughter who she will be delivering soon ( in about 1 month or sooner). She is unable to keep the baby due to an addiction that put her in jail. She is out now but has many fees. She is struggling financially and emotionally. I have offered to cover counseling, however she has not taken me up on it yet. We are having a home study done in a few days. I am very excited about this adoption, however, a little worried about my sister's and my relationship as well as the babies feelings when she is older. We will treat the the baby like our own child (though we will be open with her about her adoption) and she will know my sister as her "special" Aunt. I think these are healthy family boundaries and my sister is ready to accept them. She also has a son who is living with his bio father and new wife who she has minimal contact with due to the addiction. Here are my main issues- worried about issues above, My husband and I have 4 children, I am a full-time student - graduating in 2 sem. We are so busy with soccer, gymnastics, scouts, etc and I just want to do this right but I am a little over overwhelmed. Also one of my son's has special needs. My children are between the ages of 5 and 11. I fell so blessed to adopt this child and if anyone has any advise of how to cope emotionally please help. Thank you!! :thanks: