Advertisements
Advertisements
:happydance: This is a thread started so that I may post everything once the process is completed next week with the Court here in Dallas County in Texas. The forms I have were from Collin County but they worked absolutely fine for Dallas County and so I assume it should work for most Counties here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I'm not sure about other cities in Texas, but I can't see how it would vary too much.
The Court can be really intimidating when you're trying to do it all on your own. Walking through the long halls with my husband I felt that way. I found some great support through this forum as well, but not everyone's process was the same, and so sometimes their experience and their advice was not necessarily what ended up happening for me. Therefore, the process that I give you I want to caution may not be the exact one you end up following! I do however, want to give back because this was such an amazing process to do it all on our own, and I have God, this forum and other information on the Internet to thank for what will be a successful Termination and Step-Parent Adoption next week!
As soon as it's finalized I will post all the details and upload the forms or post links, etc. for you all. Please note - You CAN do this yourself!!!! Also note, if you are unable to pay the Court fees and it can be proved, there is also a way to get that waived as well.
God Bless you,
Cathy
Advertisements
Any news? Did your adoption go through sucessfully? Please give the details, forms, etc. I just filed my petition yesterday and I am so nervous that it won't go through right or that I have screwed it up somehow. I have been working on it for over a year now. Please let me know how yours turned out. I need some encouragement.
any luck on the adoption? Now that summer is upon us, I have some time that I can devote to go through this process of adopting my husband's son.
Hi!
To answer your questions, I'm right now waiting - I had to wait to get the money for the adoption social study (it's held at the court by appointment in the family services department) and so now that we paid that last week we will get a letter in the mail this week about our appointment. Once we complete our appointment, we can get the final orders signed by the judge for completion of the adoption. Once all that is finalized I will then post everything from A-Z.
and @lcherman, please be encouraged, it is so possible to do this yourself! I didn't want to post til everything is completed fully:dance: .
Cathyt007
:happydance: This is a thread started so that I may post everything once the process is completed next week with the Court here in Dallas County in Texas. The forms I have were from Collin County but they worked absolutely fine for Dallas County and so I assume it should work for most Counties here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I'm not sure about other cities in Texas, but I can't see how it would vary too much.
The Court can be really intimidating when you're trying to do it all on your own. Walking through the long halls with my husband I felt that way. I found some great support through this forum as well, but not everyone's process was the same, and so sometimes their experience and their advice was not necessarily what ended up happening for me. Therefore, the process that I give you I want to caution may not be the exact one you end up following! I do however, want to give back because this was such an amazing process to do it all on our own, and I have God, this forum and other information on the Internet to thank for what will be a successful Termination and Step-Parent Adoption next week!
As soon as it's finalized I will post all the details and upload the forms or post links, etc. for you all. Please note - You CAN do this yourself!!!! Also note, if you are unable to pay the Court fees and it can be proved, there is also a way to get that waived as well.
God Bless you,
Cathy
QUESTION: After you filed the original Petition, the information affadavit, and the other paper, what did you do?? Did you wait for them to get to you a name for the social study? WHen did you turn in the actual order?
Advertisements
I learned the hard way - I went before the judge to finalize my case and was told the "Social Study" could not be waived. That the "Social Study" listed in my final paperwork to be waived was a different kind of social study and she ordered me to get an "Adoption Social Study" with the Family Services Department at the court. They are very nice over there. So I would suggest going before your judge during the pro-se court times and ask for an order for social study. Then after you pay you're able to schedule an appointment with the offices (on the 2nd floor in Dallas County) and then you will also need to attend a mandatory adoption workshop (very informative even though it's a step-parent adoption)
Cathyt007
I learned the hard way - I went before the judge to finalize my case and was told the "Social Study" could not be waived. That the "Social Study" listed in my final paperwork to be waived was a different kind of social study and she ordered me to get an "Adoption Social Study" with the Family Services Department at the court. They are very nice over there. So I would suggest going before your judge during the pro-se court times and ask for an order for social study. Then after you pay you're able to schedule an appointment with the offices (on the 2nd floor in Dallas County) and then you will also need to attend a mandatory adoption workshop (very informative even though it's a step-parent adoption)
do you know when the pro-se times are for dallas county?
Where do you find out what times the court has for Pro-Se?
Cathyt007
God Bless you,
Cathy
Is the first step to just get the "voluntary relinquishment parental rights stepparent adoption" form done? My ex is living in Ca and I am here now. Is that all I will need him to do? Just have him sign over his rights. I don't want to leave CA and forget to have him do something. :S
Himalyan acoustics products are already popular in Studios, Auditoriums, Theaters, Conference Room, Banquet Halls etc. The scope of works on acoustic treatments home theater covers flooring, ceiling, Acoustic Treatment, etc. We have to our credit some very prestigious project of similar nature from very reputed clients. Our lies in satisfied clientele & is reflected in their recurring orders.
Himalyan Acoustics
Subathu Road
Dharampur - 173209
Distt, - Solan
Himachal Pradesh ( India )
Phone: 09816044049
sales@kpaiindia.com
[URL="http://www.himalyanacoustics.com/hometheatre.html"]acoustic treatments[/URL]
Advertisements
The courts in Lubbock did not assign a social worker; we had to find one on our own and request the court to accept them.
I need the updated forms to adopt my step daughters. Their mother has passed away and I would like to adopt them. Would someone please send them to vallerisjoberg@gmail.com.
Thank you
hello,
I was wondering if there was ANY way you could help me with how you did this process? I am trying so hard and continuously keep hitting a brick wall on this step parent adoption!! My email address is annieb_wellz@yahoo.com
Advertisements