Advertisements
Advertisements
I am a Louisiana adoptee in search of my birth family. I was born 2/19/1955 in New Orleans and adopted from Sellers Baby Home there. My birth name is all I know of my origins other than what my adoptive mom told me which basically consisted of the following:
1. You were not Illegitimate...I always found this hard to believe since Sellers is a home for unwed mothers usually.
2. You are part Portugese - this is probably true since Chaves is a Portugese surname.
3. Your people were large framed - this is probably true since I'm 6'4" and large framed.
My main purpose in my search is for current medical history. Any contact with my birth family directly would just be as the cajun says "Lagniappe"! I have not been able to acquire my "non-id" information to date. Sellers says my file was destroyed in either a fire or flood at the old location in New Orleans. The Department of Social Services says they cannot give out information from their files without a court order which is expensive and not guaranteed to be given. State law says there must be a compelling reason.
I'm just pursuing all my options at this point.