Advertisements
Advertisements
I have suffered with depression for many years and periodically taken meds. In the past the main reason why I came off them was because I ended up on a high dosage then would come off them because I would feel spaced out and tired all the time. A view months ago I started taking citalopram which helps nor do I suffer side effects :cheer: .
Has anybody had any counselling that actually worked? I've tried counselling for adoption related issues and general issues but neither worked.
I am a counselor (for addictions) and have logged many hours myself as a client/patient. I have had two counselors in my life that I thought were worthless. After I got certified, I realized just how bad they were.
With that said, I have had quite a few very good counselors who helped me tremendously My current therapist is by far my favorite. I've been seeing her for four years and she's seen me through my own addiction problems, infertility, adoption, my ADHD problems, the death of my Dad, and being laid off. I initially was not a fan of hers, but realized my addiction was getting in the way of my moving on in a positive, healthy way in life. We are about to part ways after four years, because it's time. My issues with depression have not been solved, just managed. Right now my problems lie with my ADHD, so I am still going to counseling, just with a lady who specializes in ADHD.
Do some research. If you respect your primary doctor, ask for her/his suggestions. Counseling/therapy can be extremely helpful, if you are open to the process, and you find a counselor/therapist you are comfortable with.
Best wishes in your search. :)
Advertisements
I am fortunate to have a good GP who is also a great listener. He suggested CBT as he thought that might help so referred me to the mental health team. I went to an appointment but that person just wanted me to go back to counselling. If I do that I have to do it on a self referral basis so I am thinking about it. My GP was disappointed as he thought it would be more helpful than counselling. I can also do a self referral to MIND which I'm seriously thinking of doing as well.
Hi !I think that Coping with depression can be stressful.Depression is a serious sickness that often needs treatment.Individuals who be depressed encounter it at different stages. But whatever type your depressive disorders is, there are some methods of managing it.
Medication/Therapy/Socialize/Exercise/Think positive.Etc.....
Adoption related counselling hasn't helped me and I have found it more helpful to talk to other mothers who have surrendered. I was under the CMHT (Crisis Mental Health Team) just over a year ago due getting very low yet again which was helpful in the respect that they did listen to me and asked sensible questions.
Advertisements
Ambrose8
Hi !I think that Coping with depression can be stressful.Depression is a serious sickness that often needs treatment.Individuals who be depressed encounter it at different stages. But whatever type your depressive disorders is, there are some methods of managing it.
Medication/Therapy/Socialize/Exercise/Think positive.Etc.....
[url=http://www.nolimitbootcamp.com/]Anaheim Hills fitness[/url]