Advertisements
Advertisements
Please help.... We are so lost on how to prepare for travel. I contacted Azumano and all they will say is call us when you get the call! Thats not good enough for us. We need to be more educated and I cant find any good information. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We used Azumano, you just call them and they book your tickets. Why doesn't this sound right to you? They are legit and have worked with thousands of APs. Please clarify your concerns.
Advertisements
Just seems weird that they arent able to provide any information until you are ready to travel (how they save people money, maybe a list of references, what things might go wrong etc...) Seems like they would go ahead and get our information so they would be ready to help us. Seems like if you ask a company a question they would be willing to provide information about themselves to make us feel like we are choosing the right company to help us. Basically, they just act like we are supposed to know what we are doing and just take there word for it to call them when its time. Thanks :)
maybe we are being a little crazy but it just feels weird to call someone you dont know and trust they will make it happen...
Hi,
I have to say we just trusted them - they have a phenomenal reputation and were recommended by our agency, which in our minds were two really good reasons why we thought we should trust them. But if you want references and these other things like an idea of what things might go wrong, you could go to your agency and ask for references and other info, if the agency provided you with their name. If you went with some random travel agency, I suspect other agencies would have no idea what is involved. I would also say that typically, APs can't do this themselves, as you get like 2-3 days advance notice and you won't "know the ropes" regarding when to arrive and fly back again. If you want them to tell you how much money you save them, there are so many variables involved - I have heard that the "adoption rate" airlines give you is usually a lot more money than what Azumano charges but the overall rates vary considerably by time of year and so forth.
Although I adopted from China, my adoption agency got its start doing Korean adoptions and the agency head was Korean. When my group was planning for our trip to China to meet our children, he recommended that we use a Korean-owned travel agency in DC for our flights, and and fly Korean Air, though we could do whatever we wanted. (Our in-China travel and accommodations were handled by an in-China organization that was, at the time, an arm of the Chinese government, China Women's Travel, which was superb. All we had to do on our own was get to China.)
Those of us who used the Korean travel agency got unbelievably low rates on Korean Air, AND unrestricted tickets. I suspect that there was also some code put into the computers identifying us as clients of the adoption agency head, as we got really, really superb service.
Now, had the adoption agency not recommended this travel agency, I doubt I would have chosen it on my own. It was in a small, very modest suite in an older office building that was not in the "high rent" district, and it did not run ads in the local English-language papers or on line. It served a predominantly Korean clientele, and the staff who spoke English had heavy accents.
But I loved my adoption agency, and chose it because it had an impressive reputation for good client service. And I must say that I was willing to trust it to help me with my travel plans. I had done a lot of checking around for flights, and by the time I went to the Korean travel agency, I knew that even my employer's corporate travel department could not get me a better deal, even on restricted fares, than what the Korean travel agency offered.
My feeling is that you have to trust your adoption agency. If you have really done your homework, and have picked an agency with long experience and a reputation for ethics and great client service, you can feel pretty sure that it won't lead you astray on something like the choice of a travel agency.
Sharon
Advertisements
Do you mind sharing the name of the travel agency you used? We will actually be traveling to Korea, but if your agency serves Korea, I would be interested in having the name for when we are ready. Thank you!
ThreeofHearts
Do you mind sharing the name of the travel agency you used? We will actually be traveling to Korea, but if your agency serves Korea, I would be interested in having the name for when we are ready. Thank you!
I wish I remembered it, but I adopted in 1997. It was not one of those places that had a website or advertised in the English language press. I doubt that it even had email. The adoption agency gave me the name, address, and phone number, and the agency head called the travel agency to make an appointment for me.
I went to a fairly old DC office building where the travel agency had its office on an upper floor. A woman who spoke heavily accented English was waiting for me, and already knew when I needed to travel and so on. She asked a couple of questions, and set up the flights.
The adoption agency head had recommended that members of our group who were using Korean Air fly coach. He said that business class on Korean Air tended to attract a fairly grumpy group of businessmen, who did NOT appreciate crying babies. He felt that we would save a lot of money, get perfectly good service, and so on. We all followed his advice, and I must say that he was right. I had to fly United for the last leg of my flight and it was a nightmare, compared to my rather wonderful Korean Air flight.
Sharon
Also, the adoption agency I used was Adoption Service Information Agency, which was licensed in DC/MD/VA/NC. The Executive Director, who is Korean, has retired, and the agency has merged with Children's Home Society and Family Services.
Sharon
I am facing similar problem..I already worked with this but...Unfortunately, there is no original website to clarify..except OZ and KE that offers domestic flight booking in English, I'm aware of.. what can I do..?
[URL="http://www.letsgopattaya.com/pattaya-hotels.html"]pattaya hotels[/URL]
Advertisements
There are many booking ways available now a days. Some of them are online bookings and some are off line bookings. All these booking are providing ways to any where in the world in easy process. Please produce some more attachments for the more detailed view.
[url=http://www.parisairportpickup.com/]Paris airport transfer[/url]
[url=http://www.parisairportpickup.com/]Beauvais airport transfer[/url]