Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Here the parents have to consent to allowing their children's pictures to be taken. I may get flamed for this, but whatever, I totally think that is wrong. I had one fs who was NOT allowed to have his picture taken. I took them. HE DESERVED HIS PICTURE TAKEN. His prior siblings all were TPR-ed. It is HIS right. I hear way too many stories of older foster kids with no baby pictures and that is a travesty. I didnt share the pics with anyone and told my caseworker we have them if ever he wants them when he is older. The mom later did allow pictures taken, when he was first put into care, his dad said no, but then mom resurfaced and she said yes. Its funny how one parent's yes trumps the no.
Our bio dad signed consent to have pictures published. So I do post pics. He's friends with me on FB, ect and I tag the kids as him. He posts pics of them and tags them as me. Edited to add, our relationship with the bio dad is totally not the norm for foster to adopt situations. He is our family now. He has the boys two sisters in his care and we are both committed to the siblings growing up as siblings.