Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We most certainly take pictures and it was encouraged to get pics up of them as soon as possible. We did. There are individual and group pics of all five kids I've had so far up on the walls. And I have hundreds of pics on my phone of them and they regularly ask to look through them.
Some foster moms have blogs where they just mark out the faces of their foster children so that the activities are still shared as well as pics of their biological children. We try to do sets of pictures. I'll do pictures showing just the backsides of everyone (like on our way to the pool the first time, I walked behind so I could get a pic of the whole family but not faces). I'll do pics from different angles (our fishing pics are such that I could post them online). I'll do pics with various people in them, making sure to get only siblings in some so I can share with families. I also crop pics to work out the way I need.
For an example of how I've posted pics: [url=http://edufunmom.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/random-pics/]Random Pics :) Mama'ing Again[/url]
Anyway, we take pics :)
Also, I have gotten rid of FB since I started fostering (my friend says I'm "FB Bipolar"), but I would say that it depends on how you do FB. For example, when I'm texting a friend, I use the child's name. The friend already knows of the child. But when I'm writing in my blog or on here, I use the child's "blog name" (BB, LB, Princess, Sport, Munchkin). So for FB, I would do similarly. If I had a FB page that had the strictest settings and only people I knew directly and well, then I probably would use names. But most people have a lot more "friends" on FB than their primary circle of friends and family. They include people from high school, online games, family they see rarely, friends of friends they've gotten to know through FB, etc. In that case, I'd use their "blog names." Your close friends will know who is who. But I can't imagine there is anything wrong with a FB post that says, "Munchkin did the neatest thing today; he XYZ."
And of course, you'd want to not give away confidential information no matter what.
When in doubt, I'd hide more.
Also, ask in your class about the specific rules where you are.
Oh, one more thing. I was told to be careful getting the children's pics taken professionally. Those pics cannot be used by the photographer in advertisement, photos in their shop, or in any other way. So, of course, you also wouldn't want to use them in any of those sorts of ways.