Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We take about a disosable camera's worth of pictures every two weeks. I have three sets of prints made--one for us, one for the biomom, one for the biodad. I send the photos with the child on visits, each time we have them developed. I keep the ones for us in a special photo book dedicated to "the babies."
I have had pro portraits done for two of my kiddos; one for her 6-month "birthday" (of which I kept only one print, sent the rest of the portrait package to her biomom), and one for her 2nd birthday (kept a couple of prints--for us and some of our family members who are very involved with our foster kiddos--Grandma, Auntie). The biofamilies were nothing but appreciative of this.
I had not thought about the pros using the images. . .I know that at our portrait studio they automatically print extras and try to get you to buy them, and when we refuse, they shred them. I will ask next time about the digital images.
Now that our longest placement is getting ready to move on, I'm wishing I'd made 4 sets of prints--one for her book--because I'm having to do A LOT of scanning to put pictures in the book that will go with her. I suppose I could learn digital photography, but I think my brain is pretty much full by now. ;)