Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I adopted from foster care and got the two best sons a mother could have. They are not perfect, by any means. Like "normal" children, they have their good points and their challenges. I can't imagine life without either one of them.
So, I must have got a couple of easy ones, hmmm? No. In fact, my first son went through hell, and then we both went through hell getting him through the struggles just to live in this world. (raisingatraumatizedchild.blogspot.com) But he does live in this world now, and he's a pain in the *** and a wonderful guy and funny and stupid and brilliant and my son. My second son came at 3 weeks old and he's a pain in the *** and a wonderful kid and funny and stupid and brilliant and my son.
That's all. If you adopt from foster care, internationally, privately, or if you parent by giving birth, you don't know what's going to happen or what you're going to "get." That's what parenting is: day after day of unexplored territory that brings you sometimes pain and weariness, but mostly brings you the kind of joy you can't find any other way.