Advertisements
Advertisements
[url=http://www.lifetimemoms.com/multicultural-moms/blog/moms-color-being-education-advocate-part-job?cmpid=PaidMedia_Outbrain_LTM_MM&utm_source=ltm&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=mm]For Moms of Color Being an Education Advocate Is Part of the Job | Lifetime Moms[/url]
Thought this was a great article. Although my Karate Kid is CC in the eyes of others, he is still a boy being raised by a single mom, and thus "at risk". I have already started dropping little comments into the conversation about:
the importance of graduating HS and going to college
tattoos look bad and people will not hire you for jobs
drinking and drugs are very bad, illegal and wrong
driving carefully and obeying all the laws is important
if you must have a girlfriend, find a church-going girl with dark hair and a college scholarship.
MamaS
.....if you must have a girlfriend, find a ....girl with dark hair .....
Why dark hair? I'm a natural blonde.
Advertisements
susannahmia
Why dark hair? I'm a natural blonde.
I am allowed to instill a few personal prejudices. His mother is Hispanic and I figure that if he looks for a brunette there is a chance he will find a nice Hispanic girl and I will have really beautiful grandchildren. lol
But -- he picked out a little CC girl in kindergarten whom he has loved from afar for three years now, so the brainwashing may not be working. He hasn't told her he likes her because she takes karate too and she is three belts higher than he is!!!