Advertisements
Advertisements
I have my first post-placement visit tomorrow. It's the same sw who did my homestudy, so I already know and feel comfortable (more or less) with her, but I'm a little nervous. At the same time I'm too exhausted to feel anxiety or anything else about it. The post-placement has been described to me as friendly and informal, but things I haven't been through yet are always a little nerve-wracking. Any perspectives? What was post-placement like for you? Any advice?
My SW told me on the phone, as she was setting up our first post-placement visit that she was there to get what the agency required...but all she really cared about was getting her hands on my baby. :D
There were a lot of questions about schedules and sleeping and feeding and formula...all the little details of a newborn's life. It was cool though, because she was able to offer advice and just listen to my concerns. Up until that first visit, I was bombarded with unsolicited advice from friends and family. Our SW just wanted to make sure we were all getting along fine and only offered advice when I asked for it!
The following two appointments were the same. I actually miss seeing that lady!
Advertisements