Advertisements
Advertisements
Is there anybody out there? Doesn't look like there's been any action on this forum for a while. My husband and I are certified fost adopt and we have been matched to a sibling set - three boys under five. Does anybody have any advice for heading into a disclosure meeting? We don't have any children. We were just certified in April. We are newbies to this process and just need information for all the things the social workers may leave out.
I'm here but can't offer anything except "Congratulations!" I've been in the process trying to adopt a sibling group for 4 years now. Sure wish we could find them.
Advertisements
Thanks! We were matched at the end of April and the state is still has yet to set a disclosure meeting. Why does it take so long?
Jesandler
Thanks! We were matched at the end of April and the state is still has yet to set a disclosure meeting. Why does it take so long?
I think there are a million reasons. A few I can think of -
1 - they need new psych evals
2 - they need to de-identify the information
3 - they are busy.
It's just a slow, inefficient system. I hope it speeds up for you.
We adopted a sibling group of two boys, 1 & 3 at that time but our situation was different as they were moved to our house as an emergency placement so we didn't have much info before we met them. Our situation has been great and we finalized in May. Good luck!
Advertisements
We were matched in June to a sibling set of two ages 9 & 12. We are going to meet them this week. We are in a different state and not sure why ours seem to go so quickly. We were licensed in December 2010.