Advertisements
Advertisements
First off Welcome!
What I would do is talk to the agency you plan to use and ask them what their policy is on this subject. To my knowledge most agencies do not specifically test expectant moms for drugs. Emoms are asked what, if any, drugs they have used or use and how often. But, past that I don't believe the agency will do anything.
I think it's important to know that not all expectant moms who are looking into placing use drugs. I think it's a Lifetime Move channel misconception. Sure there are emoms who use, but not all.
I would do as mush research as you can on specific drugs and their effects on the fetus. Some have minor effects and some have major effects. For us alcohol was the main substance we were not open to. But, in reality if your open to one substance then you need to consider the fact that others are bring used to.
The truth is you'll never know for sure. Your not going to be with the emom all day everyday monitoring her moves. For us it boiled down to trust. Trust in the emom that she was telling the truth and trust in God that he would uphold his promise and not give us more than we could handle.