Advertisements
Advertisements
Just my two cents...but, we have *two* drug exposed infants in our family(through foster care, we actually felt called to care for drug exposed babies) and I can tell you that other than dealing with active withdrawals(which you are not likely to run into unless you are taking a child in foster care) unless the child was alcohol exposed...these kids are no different...I have four biological sons and I can point to struggles that each has had that are similar or identical to the issues these babies have(sensory integration for one) and I can tell you, i never touched anything...in fact, I am a recovering control freak...I don't even touch alcohol...I don't think you are very likely to run into Fetal Alcohol Syndrome...and that is the big one...most drugs have effects, but not like that...and it all depends on when in development, etc. I just want to encourage you and your hubby. Trust God for the right child...this is not going to be a random thing! You will get the child you were meant to have...and those He calls, He also equips to care for the calling! Blessings! It is quite a journey!!