Advertisements
Advertisements
c.a
I'm not usually one to start a flame . . . but, if fyou give birth to a child and they have a birth defect, do you have the option to give them back?
I hate it when I read this kind of comment. This is exactly the same argument my social worker made and I do not agree! It's true that there are no sure things in adoption and there are no sure things about birthing you own children. However, adoption IS a CHOICE so the adoptive parents can choose to accept or not accept the baby they are offered for adoption depending on whether the baby is drug exposed or not and what the adoptive parents can handle (physically, mentally and financially). Obviously, responsible mothers are not going to smoke pot or meth during pregnancy. I doubt bluebutterfly78 will do drugs if she were to carry her own. So, why can't she expect the birthmom to not do drugs and being told truthfully about a drug free baby?
Birth defects in children are beyond anyone's control. You can eat well and not do drugs during pregnancy and still end up with a child with birth defects. So, if you birth your own and the baby has a birth defect, there's nothing you can point to as the source of the issue. Nothing you can avoid doing during pregnancy to deter the birth defect. On the other hand, drug exposure naturally can't be good for a baby and most of the time the child will likely grow up to have some issues. So if the birthmom lied about not using drugs and the baby has drug effects, it really amounts to fraud on the part of the birthmom. To the person who posted the above comment, please do not ever compare uncertainties in adoption and birthing your own. It sounds to me that the person who posted the above comment probably doesn't have biological children of her own.