Advertisements
Advertisements
We are so excited!
Just started the home study and the first visit will be scheduled soon...
I was just wondering how long have you waited to be matched or for the baby? Any of you with a fast process?
Thanks!
:D
July 2011 - Found a great agency and started home study process...
Our homestudy was completed in mid-February and we matched with our expectant mother in Mid-may. Our little girl is due mid-October.
We used a facilitator and that seemed to speed up our wait time.
Hang in there!
Advertisements
We are at 18 months waiting. We want a baby girl and CC so that makes it even more difficult for us but we are open to a lot of drug use and correctible/mild special needs and an open relationship. I was praying it would be a little quicker. Seems like all the emoms at our agency are having boys. We've only been shown once and didn't get selected.
I'm really trying not to lose hope. It's hard and updating our home study this month has made it a lot harder because we said this is it and that if we don't match in the next 18 mos we won't update it again because we are not getting any younger and our boys are getting older. Sorry to be the debbie downer too.
I hope all of your waits are quick and sending lots of baby dust your way.
We waited 4 months for a match. We received the call the day after our son was born and he came home with us about 36 hours later. It was quite a whirlwind, but very exciting. It definitely is faster the more open you are to various situations (race, ethnicity, etc).
Best of luck!!
It took 22 months for us, but that was 3 years ago (26months total from when we started the homestudy).
I would echo what most people are saying here- it varies quite a bit. Looking at the stats and hearing stories from others at our agency it can be quick or it can be a long wait...we just keep trying to stay positive!
Advertisements
At my agency info session they tried to steer clear of averages because they said it doesn't matter ESP if you happen to be the one to wait the longest. Generally the birthparents choose and no one can say what may draw them to a certain family.
vernellinnj
Generally the birthparents choose and no one can say what may draw them to a certain family.
This is very true... my friend recently finished her paperwork and was matched in less than a week for a baby due in less than 2 weeks. The reason the Bmom picked her family was that due to medical reasons the baby was a scheduled c-section. The surgery was scheduled for my friends BDay. So now she has a little baby girl that shares her BDay.
jp4ga
This is very true... my friend recently finished her paperwork and was matched in less than a week for a baby due in less than 2 weeks. The reason the Bmom picked her family was that due to medical reasons the baby was a scheduled c-section. The surgery was scheduled for my friends BDay. So now she has a little baby girl that shares her BDay.
Wow! Hope everything goes as planned!
We waited 14 months from the time our homestudy was approved until we were placed with our baby girl! It took about 5 months from the time we contacted our agency until we were "live" so technically we waited 19 months. We had 4 failed matches before our daughter. They were hard but we found out about our daughter at 5pm on Monday and picked her up at 11am on Tuesday! You really can not predict how long you will wait. It really depends on who the expectant parents select and what they are looking for in the adoptive parents.
Advertisements
We had zero wait. We did our classes from dec-march. Our last home visit/class was march 20th 2010, that's the day we were chosen by bparents. May 12th we were told we were chosen and going to be parents. 5 weeks later our DD was born and 2 days after she was born we took her home. We were very lucky/blessed to have that fast of a match and to the best bfamily ever.
We were pretty picky in what we were looking for as far race, bparents histrory ect...and the openess. Our SW was great in matching us with the perfect family.
I'm sure if we decide to adopt again we can't/won't be that fortunate but fingers are crossed.
We also went with an agency. It took us almost 9 months to complete all of the paperwork/homestudy. They told us to expect a 2-3 year wait. We received a call in January that we had been chosen. We brought our son home two weeks later. So from "officially approved" to bringing him home was 11 months.
We waited less than a week!! It has been a whirlwhind! Our homestudy was completed on the 18th of July, we signed with an agency that day, our profile was shown the next day, the birthparents picked us the following day (while she was in labor), and she was placed in our arms two days later.
We highly recommend One World Adoptions and Children's Connections in Texas!
Advertisements
We were homestudy approved in September of 2006 and DD was born in March of 2007. Our agency told us we'd be waiting at least a year.
But like others have said, the birthparents made all the difference. They looked at profiles the night DD was born and paid special attention to ours because they thought she looked a lot like my ex husband. So ultimately, that's how she came to be ours.
Oregongirl, that is insane!! I love it...congratulations!
Our HS was approved in Dec 04 (OMG, that long ago!) and we were matched in April 05. Ironically, the day (or so) after we were matched, I got a call from another agency that two emoms had selected us as well (which obviously we had to turn down). The "trick" for me was at the time I found agencies/facilitator that had no upfront fees so I think we were shown in a much larger number of situations (I'd like to think though it's because I am so stunning...haha!).