Advertisements
Advertisements
I wasn't trying to say there was anything wrong with her posting for a friend....just that it was unusual and why I probably confused this with another post about sending the girl back to their first country.
She just sounds desperate and said the mother is finished and now the family is seperated. I assumed she was asking for ideas on the quickest solution possible. Sounds like a very diffucult and heartbreaking situation.
I have not raised a child with RAD...but I do have a brother (adopted/cousin) who I was raised with that most certianly had/has this disorder. Was not diagnosed at that time as far as I know...but looking back there is no doubt. I do understand, I wouldn't even want to get into the horrors my parents went through. The raised him to adulthood and now he is an adult that lives in a group home. Their relationship with him is much better now, and they do not regret anything.
I also have been through years of difficulty with my daughter. Not RAD....but went through things that pushed our family to the limit and I was up against a wall more than once. I really do understand. Just kept waking up the next day and starting over. Now she is a delightful young woman who absolutely marches to her own drummer.
That said, the one thing I know for sure is that no situation is the same...what works for one does not work for another...and we all have to do what is best for us and for our family. I feel terrible for their family and how they have been split. My parents marriage went through the hardest time of their lives for a few years there. My heart breaks for the little girl because she is so broken and she never asked for any of this. I know my brother/cousin was terrible abused and it will follow him forever. He was an innocent baby when he was born and had no control over what happened to him. So unbelievably sad. I know my adopted brothers sister is fine (adopted by another family member when their parents dropped them off at a social services office and said they could not be parents anymore). But, she was not abused....my brother was the target unfortunatly. That happens all the time in an abusive situation.
I mentioned respite care because that saved our family when I was growing up and we were dealing with this as a family.