Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I guess this is really the place I should start posting. I'm the aunt to a beautiful baby girl who I thought I was going to adopt. I met her and feel in love with her when my sister who is also an addict decided to place with another couple she apparently had lined up all along. Its a long story. But basically my sister is an addict and was likely (more than likely) getting a large amount of money for placing with the through the agency.
Anyhow. Now I miss this baby and still think it would have been best if she had been adopted by us. I wounder if she will always look in the mirror and wonder who she looks like and wonder her heritage (as I have read other adopties post). It is an open adoption, but my sister is really dishonest so I doubt she will tell the a family very much and I'm no longer in contact w my sister (my choice). Anyway how do you move past not knowing a part of your family due to adoption. I think adoption is wonderful but I just wish I know how she was, I'm sure she is fine but this has been hard on me, to let go. I'm a real family person.