Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
wcurry covered it well. I am not from AZ, but I have been in a somewhat similar situation in that my sister has "issues" with raising her children. Several of my family members believe the same thing. It is heartbreaking to see the kids live the way they do because of their mom's poor choices and there is nothing we can do. It was even harder because she asked us to adopt her fourth child, but decided to "parent" at the last minute-and now we see how that child is growing up. My family- as well as one school district she was in- has hotlined her several times. But it was always "unsubstantiated." How, I don't know! She moves from county to county though and doesn't stay in any one place too long. At one point she even "homeshooled" her kids to keep them out of the school system. (I have nothing against homeshooling- if you actually do it! She can't even take out her trash though, let alone take the time to educate her children.) If she were to move to my county, I think she would have at the very least been given In Home Services, if the children not taken. Her home is filthy awful and I would never even let her babysit for us. I mean bad filthy- animal feces everywhere, very little food in the home, etc. Our current foster son was pulled from his home for less than I know how she currently lives. She is at least off the drugs now- as far as we know and that has helped. But her now teen daughters are what one could call "wild." They like to "party" with mom. I fear one or both of them will be pregnant before they graduate high school. (I hope they graduate high school.) We have tried to offer her help, but she thinks she is a wonderful mother and doesn't need any help. She really just hasn't even grown up herself yet.
The point to my long drawn out story is that as much as it hurts to see the kids living like that, unless CPS steps in or they agree to adoption, there is little that can be done. If you do see something that puts the kids in danger, please report it to the child abuse hotline. All you can do is report. And like wcurry said though, if CPS thinks you may not support RU while that is the goal, they will probably find someone else to place them with.
Good luck in your situation- I know it's frustrating!