Advertisements
Advertisements
We actually have a box that has an article or two of clothing from each child we have fostered. Some are things they came with that they outgrew (we send most of that stuff anyway even if it doesn't fit- especially if it is in pics in their life book) and sometimes it is something we bought for them that they were still wearing when they left. We take out the clothes that fit our current kids and return them to the box when they no longer do. We have a particular pair of jeans that more than half of our kids have worn and for some reason I LOVE that!
We do artwork with each of our kids that stil hangs somewhere in the house. Our little guy that we always felt was supposed to stay and were devestated when he left has the cutest one. I bought a regular matting for a large picture frame, put several colors of paint on the floor and held him up (he was only 4 months at the time) put his piggies in the paint and let him put his feet all over the paper. I am so picky and chose colors that would go with our decor so "Dances on Paper" still hangs prominently in our dining room. People always think the pic is my STBAD because so many people "forget" about our little guy but we of course never will.