Advertisements
Advertisements
DH and I are considering adopting. We live in the Houston area. We dont have much to spend since we have been through years of fertility treatments. What would be the best way to adopt that is inexpensive and that we could get a child age range from birth to 3-4ish?
I was thinking about going through the state, Depelchin maybe but do you know if you have to foster first?
We do have free adoption lawyer services through DH's employer.
Any help would be appreciated.
You won't need an attorney if you go through the state. They will give you one or give you a list and have you choose one (this is what my agency does). Choosing one off the list means they will accept the state's payment and you won't be out any money. If your husband's work program includes fees for travel you may want to save that for those type of expenses once you finalize. You will spend a little, but not a ton. For things like fire inspection, tb tests, and anything else you may need to get your home ready. Our agency has made the process very easy.
Advertisements
HoustonTexas
Lchew, I tried to private message you BUT your mailbox is full. You need to clear some out :-)
If you are talking to me...my box is empty.