Advertisements
Advertisements
*This was created mainly to address some issues on the triad forums, however, as respectful discussion is a site wide requirement, I wanted to post here as well. Since there are some "clique" issues here in this forum too, it applies somewhat & this way everyone is on the same page.*
Dear Adoptees, Birth Parents & Adoptive Parents...*and Foster Parents*,
Weve had many discussions regarding the bullying, harassment, snide comments, group gang ups, and all around disrespect seen here. Clearly they have not worked. Therefore IҒm posting a closed thread informing you of the direction we are taking in an attempt to stop the playground antics.
Ive made it very clear that we donҒt want other blog/internet/group b.s. brought here to the site. Ive also made it clear we donҒt appreciate it when people make little comments and digs at others in an anonymous way although its of course known to the person the dig is at. We donҒt follow the b.s. around, so we often have no idea who or what is going on.
Its not just one of you who does the ғhe/she said in blog land xyz and then comes here and says abc. No one is immune to posting or sending the ԓI dont feel I can post freely because this person will attack meҔ pms & emails. IҒve explained each and every time that ALL of you have personal responsibility in what you post and its not just one person or group. There has been more than one member from EACH side of the triad accusing the other sides of the disrespect. And yet҅a lot of you are guilty of the very thing you accuse the others of doing. Not all, mind youbut certainly enough to test my patience more than enough.
IŒm done. The moderators are also done.
What does that mean for you?
It means the next time we see a post alluding to a specific person or comment where its clear you are trying to make a dig at someoneҒs comments off site or general being, you are gone. It means the next time we see you harassing someone because of a view posted off site, you are gone. It also means if I ban someone from Team 1Ӕ and another member of Team 1Ӕ comes in to post in defense or carry on; you too are gone. The little code words and phrases everyone in your little clique uses to mock & degrade another? Those will send you packing too.
I dont care if youҒve been a member for 139847235 years or 2 months. If we have to weed out the toxic thorns of several to make this site more supportive and less of a backstabbing vicious romper room, then so be it.
It will be done without warning and no explanation. If you email to complain about your so called unjustifiedӔ ban, please know Im not interested. I also donҒt respond to juvenile emails of threats and harassment. Contrary to popular belief, it actually is NOT my job to respond to tirades of stupidity. My boss is well aware of things and is fully supportive, so please do understand very clearly that we will not respond to threats.
Last, but not least. While I cannot control what is posted off site, I do want to let everyone know that the site does have very specific rules on what can be used from here to post elsewhere. Please know that as a member & also as a guest, you agree to the Terms of Service which states Unauthorized access, distribution, reproduction, copying, retransmission, publication, sale, exploitation (commercial or otherwise), or any other form of transfer of any portion of Adoption.com, including but not limited to all content, services, digital products, courses, events, tools or products is hereby expressly prohibitedӔ.
Think very carefully before re-posting things from here because that too, can result in your account being banned.
Crick