Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, new around these parts and just wanting to know if there is anyone from Australia. Just starting my search for three siblings who were placed for adoption by/ removed from our birth mother.
Interested to hear of anyone else from Aussie.
Advertisements
dmaree
Hi, new around these parts and just wanting to know if there is anyone from Australia. Just starting my search for three siblings who were placed for adoption by/ removed from our birth mother.
Interested to hear of anyone else from Aussie.
Yes, I'm in NSW - about 100km north of Sydney. I note you are from Queensland - what part?
I read your other post but wasn't sure how to answer it.
It might be worth giving PARC a call even though you aren't an adoptee yourself.
[url=http://www.bensoc.org.au/postadoption/]Post Adoption Resource Centre - Post Adoption Home[/url]
Btw if you go to "question 3" in the document below, it might help about what to do in regards to your situation:
[url]http://www.bensoc.org.au/uploads/documents/IS18%20Siblings.pdf[/url]
Hi - I'm an Aussie and I am in Qld too - although I was born in Vic and have re-united through Victorian laws etc etc.
How can we help........
Great to 'meet' you both. Cath, thanks for the great info, will check it out.
From the information I have from relatives, Mum had two children in Sydney during the early 50's. I believe she was sent to a home for unwed mothers and that the babies were removed and 'given' to married couples. I don't even know if there would be records of such an adoption.
I also beleive she had a child at the Brisbane Hospital in
'57 or '58. I am wondering by the information Cath gave above if I would be able to trace this adoptee even without my Mum's permission.
Many thanks to both of you, good to know there are other aussies here, I haven't found any Aussie adoption site like this one.
Hey dmaree,
I don't know all about the laws up here but you should contact the Births Deaths Marriages offices, because they will then advise you if you can and also direct you to the best agency to help you. Was your bmum a catholic? My experience is its a lot easier if she was because the unwed homes kept all the documentation etc so they can help with a lot of information. Victoria was very easy but I don't have so much info for the other States. If the bmum has deceased its actually easier - any chance you could get permission?
Advertisements
Dmaree, the first thing I would do is give PARC NSW a call and ask their advice.
Annom, I think dmaree's mum is still alive.
Having said that, it is easier to get some info if your bmother is deceased. Mine passed away a long time ago and thus I was able to get more information for the Dept of FYC in NZ than I might have been able to if she had been alive.
Hi
I am searching for a child (I believe a little boy) who my deceased Mother adopted. Firstly She also adopted a little girl baby through forced adoption in 1968. Thankfully We have connected and I feel so blessed to have her in my life. I didn’t know she had my sister until I was about 14, she said would not have ever told anyone. Then talking to an elderly relative she told me that just after I was born after she had adopted another child. We were in Rockhampton but he could be anywhere in Queensland. Mums name was Marie Chalmers (AKA Tanner)
Any advice on finding any children she may adopted.