Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I want to add to our family of four and adopt a child from the Philippines. We are looking to adopt a 3 year old, ideally. My best friend is Filipina and I am so excited to begin this process!
Is there anyone who has completed the adoption process for the Philippines? Please share your stories!
Dear Abijac,
Your plan to adopt a child from the Philippines is a very noble intention.
To help you on the process of adoption in the Philippines, you may contact Kaisahang Buhay Foundation. They have professional social workers who can help you with your intention to adopt.
Their website is [url=http://www.kbf.ph]Kaisahang Buhay Foundation, Inc. Home Page[/url]
Hope I have extended some help.
God bless,
Nash
Advertisements
Hi
We had a wonderful experience and love the Philippines.Our daughter came home at 16 months and is now 5 years old...it will be 4 years home on Christmas eve. The caregivers at her orphanage were great....she did have a difficult transition and grieved a lot....she was and is very attached to me. She is very intelligent and beautiful....she does still have some issues with trust.
We waited 28 months for referral...the current wait is hitting 30 plus months for a girl 0-6 or a boy 0-4 You cannot choose gender and there is a current hold on applications for children 0-2. Due to the large amount of applicants waiting. There are many older children and sibling groups available as well. children with minor correctable or manageable special needs are referred through the regular programs. Children with moderate to severe special needs are matched ton request through a special home finding list. The Philippines program is very transparent and ethical and stable .:clap:
You need to contact an agency that deals with Philippine adoption.
I live in Canada and used our central government authority.
Laurie Mom to 2 Beautiful children through adoption
Ps all adoption are processed through ICAB Intercountry Adoption Board the central authority in the Philippines
Do remember that the Philippine Islands is a Hague compliant country, which means that you cannot just deal with a foreign orphanage. If you live in the U.S., which is also Hague-compliant, you will have to use a licensed, non-profit agency that is also Hague-accredited by the Council on Accreditation and the U.S. State Department.
Sharon
Canada is also a a Hague- compliant country...we do not use agencies in many provinces and the adoption is processed through our government central authority like a domestic adoption.
not had a great experience so far with the philippines.
started the process in june 2008. approved in spring 2009 for a little girl between ages 4-10.
we are still in limbo (2 1/2 years later).
we actually know less about the process now than we did when we started. we're not sure if they place children based on when you were approved, some kind of lottery or some other process.
we have been contacted twice and asked if we would consider adopting a specific child. we said 'yes' both times. 3 weeks later we heard someone else had been chosen for the first child and they decided not to place the second child anywhere at that time. we've been told by our agency there is some type of politics involved between ICAB, the orphanages and the agencies. not sure if that's true or not.
we have two friends who started the process in different countries the same time or later than us who both have children in their homes already (india and ukraine).
if you feel "called" to go through the philippines then do it. if not, you might find a quicker/simpler route through another country.
not trying to be discouraging, just sharing truthfully.
we have a son through a domestic adoption (7 years ago) that went really well. i think we were hoping this process would be as great.
so far . . . not yet. :)
Advertisements
Hi All!
We are just beginning the proess of adopting in the Philippines. We have located a Hague-accredited local agency to do our home study, but need to also contract with an ICAB agency to continue the process. Can anyone message me privately with good/bad experiences with particular ICAB partner agencies?