Advertisements
Advertisements
VERY glad to hear that! I think sibs should stay together with family first if they are suitable, especially someone like you that was trying to get her for a long time.
I just hope the FFPs will make the transition go smooth for everyones sake.
Advertisements
Virtuous,
I am so happy for you. This is a good thing for the child, especially since you are willing to maintain contact. As long as the FPs are willing to be nice and maintain a good relationship with you, it will be the best result there could be. The baby sibiling, the biological family, and the foster family all in their life!
Congratulations, and please keep updating as you find out more.
That's awesome news, Virtuous. So very happy for you all! I bet Nov 14th can't come fast enough for you!
:clap: Well I wanted to update you all and let you know that I have my little cousin finally here with me from Florida. Originally she was to be here on Nov 14th but I agreed to allow her to spend Thanksgiving with her FP. I thought I was doing something nice and being good to them and they turned around and told me I can only pick her up Mon-Fri from 9am-1pm. Not even considering the fact I was coming from another state and I have to get back home. Well the cw (whom seemed to be always on the fp side) told them that was not happening so I went down and picked her up on Saturday. It was sad to see her leave but I am glad she is here and I can adopt her. :happydance: What I will tell ANYBODY it is worth the fight. She is settled in her bedroom and enjoying her home here. There has been no crying and she seems to have adapted pretty good for it to be a night. I pray all goes well for any and everyone of you out there. Thanks so much for your kind and sometimes unkind words. Best wishes to you all........:thankyou:
Good news!!! :)
Best of everything...bio family & previous FP's.
Our daughters previous FP's were the same way (back in 2007)...made transition VERY hard on our daughter but we made the best of it. Then they constantly called her when we returned home...so much she'd cry to go back there. She would have one foot in our door and one foot in theirs. It got better eventually...and now they hardly ever call. They'll email me saying "Oh I should have called on X's birthday" etc..but never do. I think the last time they called was over a year ago. I try to keep in touch via email and send photos but never hear back. I guess they have moved on as our daughter has.
Our daughter is going to WA state to visit her grandparents for Xmas (flying by herself and she's so excited! I never imagined she'd be able to do this!). I emailed the previous FP's to let them know she'd be there cause they also have family in the same area and visit often. She emailed me back stating they'd make plans to see her while she's there. I leave it up to them to make the plans....I try so hard when she's in their area to let them know even though it's been almost 5 yrs. I can't believe how time flies!!! She was a scared 7 yr old and now is a strong 12 yr old :)
Advertisements