Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Here's my thing.. is the foster parent reacting because the relative is being too pushy? IMO if a relative was pushing for a 2yr old to go to a relatively unknown person's funeral, I may be offended.
It's hard *not* to get your defenses up when relatives approach you in not the best way. The way I read it is that she may have accidentally offended the FM by being too pushy, which led to a contentious relationship.
A relationship that could potentially be healed if bridges haven't been burnt.
I speak as a foster parent very willing to have relative contact as well as it's appropriate. I have some relatives that sound very familiar to the OP who are pushy and treat me like trash. The whole you're a babysitter and nothing more to the child attitude. I really get the same sort of attitude from the OP. (Again, I may just be overly sensitive due to recently experiencing this with relatives.)
OP.. I would suggest you try to mend the relationship with the the FM. You're both on the same side. Most likely she hasn't handled things well, as well as you haven't handled things well. A heart to heart may be in order.