Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all,
I hope I'm posting in the right spot.... ;) my husband and I am hoping to be adopting a newborn in about 4-5 months. It will be a private adoption, and we are in the very early stages of it being decided. The mother is a close friend of mine for over 25 years. Anyways, I am looking for people who can give me some good insight on how to prepare to bring home a newborn! I know the obvious stuff but I kind of feel like since I'm not pregnant I might be missing some things that may otherwise be instinctual.... if that makes any sense.... :)
Thanks!
The anticipation of adding a tiny one to the family can be one of the greatest moments that would-be parent can have. With all of the excitement that comes with adoption, there is also apprehension. In some cases, there can also be legal issues. So, it's better to consult family lawyer before adopting a kid.
Advertisements
sweetp27
Hi all,
I hope I'm posting in the right spot.... ;) my husband and I am hoping to be adopting a newborn in about 4-5 months. It will be a private adoption, and we are in the very early stages of it being decided. The mother is a close friend of mine for over 25 years. Anyways, I am looking for people who can give me some good insight on how to prepare to bring home a newborn! I know the obvious stuff but I kind of feel like since I'm not pregnant I might be missing some things that may otherwise be instinctual.... if that makes any sense.... :)
Thanks!
Its a very bold decision to adopt a child, take care and nourish a child who is not your own and give it the love and care that it deserves. Its great that you know the child's mother. This way you would not be hassled much but still thre are some legal procedure that must be completed.