Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I plan to have EVERYTHING in order/in its place for the safety inspection b/c they want to see where the meds are, etc. But for the home visit with the licensing worker.... I'm just having a mental block against scrambling around for this. The visit was supposed to be last week, and she had to postpone to this week. Then she had to postpone again, and then cancelled that meeting and now I'm waiting to hear from her sometime next week as to when we can reschedule.
If we hadn't been through a vaguely similar process with DS's adoption, I'd be freaking out. I did actually freak out during the adoption. And now, if I'd cleaned like a madwoman for this home visit, I'd have cleaned the entire house 3 times for nothing by now. Fortunately, I'm trying to be more laid back about it, but now I'm wondering.... Is it more important for the house to be clean when you're going through CPS/fostering v private adoption? They keep telling us in class that foster parents are held to much higher standards than bios, but that's more in terms of health care, discipline, etc. Does that apply to clean homes, too? Should I be scrubbing away at every corner?
FTR, I'm not the best housekeeper. My house is relatively clean, with the requisite amount of dirt and dust that come with a preschooler and a dog, and a little clutter here and there. So not Martha Stewart, even on a good day!