Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I didn't go crazy, but I did do somethings that I think made me feel better having someone come over to check out our house. I made sure the bathroom was super clean with a hint of bleach in the air LOL. In the kitchen all the stuff that didn't have to be on the counter I took it off and stored it away. I kept a coffee mug or so in the clean sink (I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard). Wiped down the doors, door jams and light switches, those things get gross. When it came to the kid's rooms I made them clean them..when he toured the house I said "the kids clean their rooms for your visit", my daughter room was not at all looking good and he just laughed. I wanted to show him that my kids are just kids and that they have their own responsibilities when it comes to things around the house. We have a junk room that I was super worried about showing them! When he looked at it we said kids will not be in here and it gets locked. He said I have one of these to so don't worry about it....phew
OH they will check all mini blind cords!!!
Just make sure it looks "normally" clean, don't worry if you have a stack of clean towels sitting on the dryer, leave them there. You want the house to look lived in, that a kid in a stressful time can walk in a feel like he/she is in a warm caring environment.
From what our guy told me, he's been in some gross unsafe homes so that made ours look like something out of a a Better Homes & Gardens magazine (thanks i guess:confused: ). We passed with flying colors, YOU WILL TOO!!!:banana: