Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
michellekr
I am frustrated, I am 50 years old and feel like I have been trying to please my parents and my family (sibs) for 50 years.
I am not like them at all. I am creative, love animals...etc.
My adoptive family are all anal professionals, planners to a fault and very judgemental...How do I break this cycle it is interfereing with my adulthood.
MKR
Welcome to my world...
I have an Asister who is JUST like my Amom who is JUST like her entire family. Very anal, very judgmental and offputting. I went through a very turbulent time with my Amother through my teenage years due to this. While my Asis was top of her class and a perfect angel, I was trying to figure out why I didn't fit in with this family. To this day we are total opposites.. But we have come to an agreement. After several long family discussions and arguments, we decided to agree to disagree and still love each other for it. Just because I was different did not mean I was wrong. I do not share their religion, their morals, style and especially not their habits, but now its something to laugh about. You just need to talk to them, and tell them how you feel!