Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I am sorry to hear you are having this experience. From reading posts over the years I would guess this has more about your bdaughter not wanting to hurt her amother's feeling than it really has to do with you. My circumstances are very different but if my biological mother was a functional person I know my amother would have been the same way. My birth mother is severely disabled, she is in zero way a threat to my adoptive mother, she cannot even talk but my adoptive mother told me I could choose my "family" or my "retard" mother. I choose my birth mother and no longer have contact with family. My birth mother and adoptive mother are sisters and my adoptive mother wants nothing to do with her. I am the product of rape and will never understand how my adoptive mother can have zero compassion or concern for my birth mother.
I wish I had better words of comfort. I would probably just send a final letter letting her know that no matter what you will be there if she needs you and try to let it go for now. If anything, if and when she has children of her own maybe her heart will change. I truly believe that it is not personal. Between her adoptive mother, all the lies she was told, and very likely all the feelings that were coming up from having contact with you, I am guessing she just choose the easiest to deal with path.
Good luck and take care.