Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone-
I am an adoptive parent and I am also an adoption researcher. I am writing to you to seek help for a study we are currently running.
We are looking at how women adjust to parenthood through adoption. It is known that every child added to a family changes that family forever. We are looking at how a newly adopted child changes/ shifts family dynamics (in every which way).
Although I am located here in Kennesaw, this study is conducted entirely through the mail. We will mail you a packet of questionnaires three times (6 weeks before you travel, 6 weeks after adoption day, and 6 months after). The time commitment is pretty easy.
To participate:
The child you are adopting must be 5 years or less at the time of adoption.
Օ This can either be a SN or NSN adoption.
You must be in a heterosexual marriage (sorry to leave anyone out).
Օ Previous children in family and previous adoptions are fine.
We need to enroll people prior to travel.
Օ We will need contact info, some identifying info (birth dates of you and the child) but your name and contact info will be kept apart from the data.
If this sounds like something you would like to participate in, if you have more questions, please contact us. We would love to have you join.
Dr. Nicole Martin
Kennesaw State University
770-794-7762
Nmarti40@kennesaw.edu
[url=http://www.wix.com/infantstudieslab/adoptionwebsite]Wix.com homepage created by infantstudieslab based on OutPut Productions[/url]