Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
It depends.
All bps of my kids have my kids listed as their children on facebook with their old names. That doesn't bother me in the least -- they ARE still the kids' birthparents.
However, I reported AD's bm's facebook when I saw that she had stolen my profile picture (taken well after AD's adoption at a family event (i.e.- a picture I would have never given her a copy of)), cropped everyone but AD out, blew it up, and used it as her profile pic on facebook. I msg'd her and asked her to take it down, and she ignored it, so I reported her page, and they disabled it. My relationship with AD's bm is strained. She will go months ignoring pics and updates, and then all of a sudden, steal a pic from somewhere and pretend that she still has custody of my daughter.
However, pictures I send to AS's bps, I could care less if they end up on facebook -- we have a very open relationship with them, and they totally get and accept the adoption. It's a VERY different relationship with them. They are also very open about the fact that they don't have custody of my son-- so that helps, I think.
And certainly, pictures that were taken while bps still had parental rights, are not my property, and I would never ask a bp to take down a picture that they, themselves took while they still had parental rights.