Advertisements
Advertisements
Dickens:
Concerning your response of 06-19-2012, ..
If what I understand you saying.. is true.. then please verify (by your opinion)..
It seems to me, what you are saying is; if my bio registered into the hospital (as / under my adoptive mother's name)... then...
Then.. wouldn't that make me *not* adopted =:]
I mean.. if *officially*.. as you say.. when things were done .. not so 'formally'... but *still* considered *legal*... then would that make my (adoptive) parents, JUST LIKE (and legally), by BIO-Parents!!??
Maybe.. this is why when my mom wanted to goto the court, so *I could adopt* them back.. she only did this.. to *make sure* that I would be considered *officially* their son (even tho it seems I was, considered *officially* their child, as I carried their name, throughout my WHOLE LIFE, prior to the 'finalization'??
I hope I am not getting my hopes up Dickens.. but I smell a loop-hole here ;)
Advertisements
Dickens:
If what I understand you saying.. is true.. then please verify (by your opinion)..
It seems to me, what you are saying is; if my bio registered into the hospital (as / under my adoptive mother's name)... then...
I mean.. if *officially*.. as you say.. when things were done .. not so 'formally'... but *still* considered *legal*... then would that make my (adoptive) parents, JUST LIKE (and legally), by BIO-Parents!!??
Maybe.. this is why when my mom wanted to goto the court, so *I could adopt* them back.. she only did this.. to *make sure* that I would be considered *officially* their son (even tho it seems I was, considered *officially* their child, as I carried their name, throughout my WHOLE LIFE, prior to the 'finalization'??
Dickens:
Hey Halvy,
Wow...
I just going to guess that one of several scenarios played out...
a) your mother checked in under your adoptive mother's name and listed your adoptive father as the father.
b) your mother gave birth to you at home and put in same as a) above
c) they didn't finalize your adoption and why they needed you to in Florida as an adult.
d) that perhaps your adoptive father was your father as well (it is possible however likely or unlikely).
Mothers checking into hospitals back then didn't have to show id and insurance wasn't a given - most paid cash so who would know. There are no statistics on how often that happened but there are enough reported cases to know that is was common knowledge that it happened.
Have you searched since you last posted for your first mother? Do you know if she is still alive? I think in order to understand what really happened you need to talk to someone who was there (assuming your parents passed away / or you don't feel you can ask).
Remember back then we seldom needed to produce our BC for anything. The striking thing is that you got your SS# so that had to be your BC when you were a child - long before you were adopted as an adult so something happened.
I have a subscription to ancestry so I can look, but have no idea of age or possible age your mother was - you can pm me if you want me to check.
Kind regards,
Dickons
Try your state's legal services division. They would be able to help you at no cost.
You said that your adoption was done by the Catholic Church. You probably mean the Diocese's Catholic Charities (which is the name that what is now Catholic Social Services went by back then). You would have to know the name of the place where your adoptive parents lived to check which diocese they lived in, then you could check the Catholic Social Services in that Diocese. Those are most probably located in the city where the Diocese is (what is known as the See) and in the Chancery building of the diocese. Probably they have a separate telephone number; if not, ask the receptionist for Catholic Social Services and she could connect you with Catholic Social Services or give you that department's number.
Advertisements