Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, Im planning to do a PRO SE step parent adoption soon and I would like to communicate with someone who has completed a successful PRO SE step parent adoption in HARRIS county. I think I have all the paperwork I need I would just like to speak with someone who has already been down this road. Thanks!:) ariavnc@hotmail.com
Its state dependant and not county dependant. I'm in the final stages of the process and doing it PRO SE. Let me know if I can help you. I'm in Denton County.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Thanks so much for responsing, Im real busy right now but I will definitely touch basis with you. I would love to get any heads up from someone whose already done this process.
AL1310 - We are just starting and I would LOVE some advice. Firstly, I believe I have all the right forms and everything is in order, but it makes me so nervous. We are in Harris County and DID have an attorney, but he took our money and never filed our paperwork. After looking into it further I realized he didn't provide two of the required documents, and the two documents he DID prepare had inaccuracies (namely verbage pertaining to full adoption, not step-child). SO, we can't afford to hire another attorney and are doing it on our own. How is it going for you???
Actually, ours was final March 5th! It can be a nerve-racking process. The courts are actually a little more forgiving than you think. They understand human error and the fact you're doing this Pro Se. So....Ask away...if you feel more comfortable you may email me at aletsche@rocketmail.com
Alice
Hello! Me and my husband are trying to do the step- parent adoption process and recently found that we can do it Pro Se, but what we are finding is a lot of legal mumbo jumbo that is hard to decipher. Would anyone mind explaining the process to me? It is a completely uncontested adoption. Where do we start? Where do we find the most up to date paperwork?I really appreciate any advice y'all have.
Advertisements
We completed our Stepparent Adoption here in Brazoria County in March. It was a super long process for us. Almost took a year. First question...is the Dad on the birth certificate, paying child support, having contact with the child, etc..? Also, feel free to e-mail me for quicker responses kalijasmine_08@hotmail.com
Here is our Pro Se Stepparent Adoption experience in Texas
[url=http://texasmamakjnc.wordpress.com/2014/05/22/pro-se-texas-stepparent-adoption-my-experience/]Pro Se Texas Stepparent Adoption-My Experience | Pro Se Texas Stepparent Adoption-My Experience[/url]