Advertisements
Advertisements
Have you, or someone you know, adopted a child in the past 5 years?
With three adopted younger siblings, adoption is special to me, too.
My name is Erica Raisanen, and I am a doctoral student at the University of Southern Mississippi. I am studying the experiences and resiliency of adoptive parents in hopes to gain a better understanding of factors that contribute to a successful adoption experience. I hope to collect information that will help to improve counseling interventions aimed at preparing, and assisting, adoptive parents for, and with, adoptive parenthood.
*I am looking for parents who:
▪Have participated in at least one legal adoption (not a kinship adoption) since 2006
▪Have at least one adopted child currently age 17 or younger
▪Have not previously participated in this study
▪Have not had a significant other already participate in this study
Will you contribute and help me make a difference for adoption?
If you or someone you know meet the criteria for this project, please consider participating in or spreading the word about my research project. Your privacy is important to us so all responses will be anonymous. Please visit the link below by either clicking on it or copying and pasting it into your web browser.
[url]http://www.psychsurveys.org/erica_raisanen/successful_adoption_experience[/url]
It should take about 30 minutes, and you may choose to discontinue participation at any time. For every survey completed, a $1 donation will be made to The Gift of Adoption Fund, which helps adoptive parents fund their adoptions via grants.
The University of Southern Mississippis Institutional Review Board has approved this study. If you have any questions, please contact the primary researcher, Erica Raisanen, by phone at 601-297-3403 or via e-mail erica.raisanen@eagles.usm.edu or my faculty supervisor, Dr. Bonnie Nicholson via e-mail bonnie.nicholson@usm.edu or by phone at 601-266-4598.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration in participating in or spreading the word about my research project.
*Please consider helping me get the word out about my research project by reposting or sharing this message on your facebook page, emailing others you know who may be able to help spread the word, or posting to any other online website you may have. I would greatly appreciate your help with my project.
Sincerely,
Erica Raisanen
Counseling Psychology Doctoral Student
The University of Southern Mississippi
Advertisements
Miss.M
I would do it, but I am in Canada and not sure that will help with your survey.
I think that depends on if the OP is specifying the country in the survey. The results of interpersonal relationships between APs and children, it seems, would cross boarders.
Well then you can count me in. I definitely meet the adoption criteria that you are looking for.
I would have helped out too, but our DD is only 23 months. Bets wishes for getting lots of subjects for your study. :)
Advertisements
I tried to complete the survey but got this message:
An error occurred while saving survey responses before displaying the next page.
Here is an error message (for troubleshooting purposes): The table 'results' is full.
If it is fixable, I will try again.
LauraLiz,
Others have run across the same issue and I contacted the developers of the online website I am using. They got back to me today and let me know that they have that error system wide with other students/researchers and are working to fix it. They promised that they should have it fixed by tomorrow. If you don't mind, I would greatly appreciate it if you would be able to try again in the next couple of days or whenever you have the free time. Thank you so much for your willingness, consideration, and time!
~Erica
Advertisements
Hi all,
The developers of my survey site contacted me and let me know that the website should be fixed now. Thank you for your patience and willingness to help me out!
~Erica
Hi all!
Just a friendly reminder to please consider helping me better understand the adoption experience by completing my survey! Thank you for your time and consideration!
Have a great day!
Good morning all,
I would like to post a friendly reminder about considering participating in my project to help me gain a better understanding of the adoption experience. I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider completing my survey and/or sharing my survey with other adoptive parents you may know. Thank you!
Erica
Hey everyone,
I would like to post a friendly reminder about considering participating in my project to help me gain a better understanding of the adoption experience. I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider completing my survey and/or sharing my survey with other adoptive parents you may know.
Thank you!
~Erica
Advertisements
Good afternoon!
I would like to ask you all to consider helping me gain perspectives of adoptive parenting for my research project by completing my online survey. I am close to finishing up my project so I would greatly appreciate your help! Thank you!
Erica
Good morning!
I hope this post finds everyone doing well! I would like to ask you all to consider helping me gain perspectives of adoptive parenting for my research project by completing my online survey. If you have a child between the ages of 4-17, please consider participating in my anonymous survey or passing along the word to other adoptive parents! I am very excited about my project as I have 3 younger adopted siblings who have influenced my passion and motivation to study adoption! I am close to finishing up my project so I would greatly appreciate your help! Thank you!
Erica