Advertisements
Advertisements
KarenInCa
In california, at a certain age (I believe 14??), the child can take a very uncomplicated form to the court, set a court date and become emancipated.
Why couldn't you direct him to do something like this? It would not be adoption, but as long as the child can prove that he has a roof under his head, the judge will often allow the child emancipation.
I brought this up earlier and it doesn't apply as in Florida you have to have parental permission and must be 16.
Advertisements
Jillie_sweetheart
I brought this up earlier and it doesn't apply as in Florida you have to have parental permission and must be 16.
It might be true that the parent has to agree in Ca as well. I've never been faced with it. Seems ironic though, that if a family situation is SOOO stressed, and that a child needs/wants out so desperately BECAUSE of the parents, they would not normally agree to emancipation, which kind of defeats the whole process of allowing the child (very young adult) to have a say in where (s)he lives.
KarenInCa
It might be true that the parent has to agree in Ca as well. I've never been faced with it. Seems ironic though, that if a family situation is SOOO stressed, and that a child needs/wants out so desperately BECAUSE of the parents, they would not normally agree to emancipation, which kind of defeats the whole process of allowing the child (very young adult) to have a say in where (s)he lives.
Yeah it makes no sense. I had to laugh when I read that. I am willing to bet that 9 times out of ten that it is because the child has crummy parents that they want to be emancipated.
There are other situations though that it is needed. For me I was going to college at 16 and my parents were in another state. It didn't make sense for me not to be able to go to a doctor or to have to wait while they got permission to treat.
With that said you might want to talk to DFCS about a Legal Guardianship. Some states even do a subsidized guardianship.
Just all things to consider but I imagine that contacting the agency handling his abuse case would be able to direct on where to get started. From what I have seen with older boys especially DFCS they are harder to place and if there is a prior connection between the child and your husband.
Last update on November 10, 10:19 am by Sachin Gupta.
KarenInCa
Yeah it makes no sense. I had to laugh when I read that. I am willing to bet that 9 times out of ten that it is because the child has crummy parents that they want to be emancipated.
There are other situations though that it is needed. For me I was going to college at 16 and my parents were in another state. It didn't make sense for me not to be able to go to a doctor or to have to wait while they got permission to treat.
With that said you might want to talk to DFCS about a Legal Guardianship. Some states even do a subsidized guardianship.
Just all things to consider but I imagine that contacting the agency handling his abuse case would be able to direct on where to get started. From what I have seen with older boys especially DFCS they are harder to place and if there is a prior connection between the child and your husband.
Last update on November 10, 10:19 am by Sachin Gupta.
My first foster child was considered a kinship placement because I had cared for his older sibling at the day care where I am a teacher. I hadn't even completed the application process, never mind licensing! So, I think it is very possible for your husband, as the boy's teacher, to be considered kinship. I would definitely check with whatever social services agency applies and let them know that you are open to taking in this boy if he does come into care.
Advertisements
What I would change about film student’s study is the cancellation of writing assignments. I understand they are part of the educational process, but I find them entirely useless. Moreover, they take a lot of precious time which could have been used for training or practical tasks. I decided to order my essays from APlusEssay. It is the best essay writing service based on my experience.
Last update on July 9, 3:31 am by riiupw afrass.