Advertisements
Advertisements
My DH and I have decided that our son will be an only child. I was 36 and DH was 47 when our son was born. We are so worn out by all his energy most of the time. We cannot imagine keeping up with another one. We also have financial concerns. We make enough money to give our son a good education and retire comfortably. We could not afford to do that with two children. We plan to put our son in scouts, sports, band, church youth groups and whatever else might interest him so that he is not lonely. The only exception would be if one of our neices had a crisis pregnancy and wanted to place her baby with us or if W's birthmom got pregnant and wanted to place W's sibling with us. I would do whatever I had to do to make accommodations for that baby. Like other people have stated, there is no right or wrong answer. It all comes down to what you decide is best for your family. Good luck with your decision.
Advertisements
Well I always wanted one of each; but after our failed attempt in November, I'm not sure we can afford another try (assuming this match and adoption is a success). Perhaps if we are up to it we will foster or Fost-adopt. My two best friends have nine year olds and they knew right away they'd only have one and they are happy. I'm already 42 & in 7-months I'll be 43; but I'm not going to let my age determine whether we attempt again later. I still think of myself as 25 tops! ;-)
My initial plan was to adopt one boy & one girl from Foster Care. So far I have adopted one baby girl. She has some special needs and is now 4 y.o. As a single parent, my hands are full & I haven't opened up my home again for foster care. Last summer birth Mom had another baby. I prayed hard about what to do. However, I knew the Queen (DD) couldn't handle a sibling at the time & I couldn't handle it either. So, I had to say "no". I have decided to leave things in God's hands. Maybe I will adopt another but for now, I need to take care of the Queen's needs first.