Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I need to add though... just because some people hated being a single child doesn't mean that everyone who grew up with siblings was happy about it either! The singleton kids I knew just spent a lot of time with their friends instead of their siblings (and frankly... all the ones I know who had siblings were mostly fighting with them anyway). You just never know if they'll be close or not...
If we hadn't got twins, we would have stopped at one, because there's no way we could have afforded adoption twice. And yes, I'm pretty much stuck at home for a few years still, because working wouldn't make any sense as we would spend more in daycare. And with just the price of preschool (and a cheap one) I'm still frankly not sure how people afford more than two children.
And yes... it's so much easier to do things with one. And you can save for college, you only have to buy 3 seats if you're flying somewhere... heck sometimes I'm jealous because one of my friends is always out doing things with her kid, things I could never do alone with twins (swim lessons and other stuff). There are definitely advantages to having a singleton.