Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Withay
My kids share a room. I have given them the option, numerous times, to each have their own room. They will say they want a separate room, but them immediately change their minds because they like being in the same room at night.
Same here! My boys started out in separate rooms, then decided to share - we made the other bedroom into a play room (though my youngest still uses that closet).
So after a couple of years, my oldest decides he's ready for his own room and "moves out". That night, he asked my youngest if he'd like to "spend the night" in his new room. Needless to say, they never spent a single night apart.
My oldest has sleep issues and anxiety, and finds comfort having someone in his room. As far as their own space, they are extremely respectful of each others' property so that's not an issue and if they need some alone time, one can hang in the bedroom while the other can play in the playroom.
It also keeps things very organized - beds and dressers only in the bedroom (stays totally clean) while toys and games go in the playroom.