Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post on this forum! I wasn't sure where to post my questions at to get help.
I live in Pennsylvania. I live in Bethlehem, PA which is Northampton County. I'm 30 years old as of 1/28/82 is my birthday. I was born in NJ, and moved to Wyoming County, PA which I was 8 years old. It's a different part of the state where I'm at now. I came to PA because of both parents deceased. My cousin had legal guardianship of me until 10/27/00. It was from 1990. How could I request such records when I don't have that much information about it? My family won't share anything with me. They say they don't know. Honestly, I don't believe them. I'm not sure if such records are public, and I could view them online for free? I'm not even sure of the word legal guardianship was court appointed? I don't know who's name to research? Could I obtain those records online at no cost?
Thank you for any replies!
Hi. I have petitioned for legal guardianship twice. I can tell you that it was filed with the family court clerks office in the county of residence of the child (in your case, it would be the county that you were in before your parents passed away). I'd start by calling them! :) Good luck to you
Advertisements
The records would be in your name, PP is correct, they would be through family court. You would want to start with the clerk of court office and they will let you know who to contact.
As to the fee...there may be a fee per page for paper costs.
Good Luck and welcome to the boards :)